For the 9 to 5er, Thursday is the tail end of the work week and the beginning of the weekend. Time for some weekend Food Truck events.
Pickin’ In the Plaza
(City Plaza/Fayetteville Street, Raleigh) 5:30-10pm FREE event
- Music Line-up: Constant Change and The Williamson Brothers
- Food Truck Line-up: Baguettaboutit, The Humble Pig, Sweetwater Ices, Chirba Chirba, Hibachi Xpress, and Tarheel Creamery
- Vendors: House of Swank, The Record Krate, Bordeaux Lane Studio, and Oak City Collective
Nickel Creek Concert
Located: Koka Booth Ampitheatre
If you are going to tonight’s concert, I noticed both Porchetta and Sol Tacos will be here.
Make Plans For…
Some events to think about this weekend…
Tomorrow is the Third Friday, which Golden Belt Arts in Durham does special events regularly (saw Pie Pushers will be here). Nearby at Carolina Theatre the NC Gay and Lesbian Film Festival kicks-off Friday (saw Belgian Waffology, Baguettaboutit, and Manna will be there). Saturday, White Rabbit Brewery in Angier has a Fall Release Party (Sol Tacos will be there), and Cary ends the weekend with a mini-rodeo supporting the Movies in the Park at Thomas Brooks Park.
Trucks and Brew
- Beer Durham:
- Big Boss (Raleigh):
- Bomshell (Holly Springs): Stuft
- Brue Print (Apex): Buns-N-The-Sun
- Deep River (Clayton), Run Club night: All American
- Draft Line (Fuquay Varina): Patrick Jane’s Gourmet Pizza
- Fortnight (Cary): D’Burritos
- Fullsteam (Durham): Chirba Chirba
- Gizmo (Raleigh): Bo’s Kitchen
- Lone Rider (Raleigh): Lonerider
- Raleigh: Chai’s Global Street Food
- Steel String (Carrboro):
- Sub Noir (Raleigh): Closed on Thursday.
- White Street (Wake Forest):
If you got a food truck event, let me know and I’ll be glad to the weekend posts.