Here are some can’t miss things from now and for the weekend and a reminder on a few topics
Durham Central Park Rodeo – March 8th
From 12 to 4 pm, be sure to catch the Durham Central Park Rodeo (501 Foster Street, Durham) over 50 trucks in attendance with live music from Pitchblak Brass Band. One of NC’s wineries, Grove Winery will also be at the rodeo.
Be sure to be on the lookout for Will & Pops new truck (dubbed Will & Pops 2.0) at the Durham Rodeo.
Raleigh Brewing celebrates two years
On March 7th, Raleigh Brewing will celebrate two years with music and food trucks. Both Dump Pho King Truck and Philly’s Cheesesteaks will be there from 2 to 8pm and Iced Cupcakes will have complimentary cupcakes from 4pm-8pm. In addition to three special beers and three food trucks, there will also be live music Music Line- Up is as follows: *2pm – 4pm: The Hey Brothers *5pm – 7pm: Cosmic Superheroes *8pm – 10pm: Gary Mitchell: Music with a Message Lastly, Raleigh Brewing is giving away a Kegerator with $1 raffle tickets. 100% of the ticket sales will go to the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Tickets will stop at the close of business on March 7th and the winner will be announced on Monday, March 9th.
First Friday Raleigh
Catch American Meltdown at Brushstroke Gallery (520 N. West Street, Raleigh) from 6-9pm with Raleigh Brewing on tap. On display will be work from Felicia Perry Photography.
Catch Porchetta and CJ’s Street Food at CAM Raleigh (409 W. Martin Street, Raleigh) from 6-10pm. Also, a friend, Dana Flynt, has some work up at the Darkroom exhibition (Visual Arts Exchange at 309 W. Martin Street, Raleigh). Check out her work and others there during their First Friday exhibition. Odds & Ends
- Lennar of Raleigh organizing a rodeo for their new development in RTP. The development, Page Park (5311 Jessip Street, Durham), will have Bam Pow Chow and Humble Pig with Carolina Brewing.
- Bull City Street Food (Saturday) Big C Waffles (Sunday) will be a Bull City Ciderworks. Be sure to support Bull City Ciderworks’ kickstarter project. Check out more from Triangle Explorer.
- The Cookery (1101 West Chapel Hill Street,Durham) will have the Duke/UNC game on the big screen with Sympathy For The Deli and The Parlour ice cream serving. (H/T Triangle Explorer)
- Also this Sunday, Downtown Cary Food & Flea with Ty’s All Natural & Jam Ice Cream in Ashworth Village (200 S. Academy Street, Cary)
- For those look for an event in the Triad, check out the Human Race and Asheboro’s first rodeo. Contact Shari Kumiega.
Go out and Vote!
Bam Pow Chow is up against 1o other trucks worldwide (one is from Ontario!) for best food truck taco at Mobile Cuisine. They have changed their voting platform to allow one vote in a 24-hour timeframe. So set your watch and vote. Chez Moi is competing with other small businesses for one of ten small business grants from FedEx, including a $25,000 grand prize. To vote via Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook (once per platform in a 24-hour timeframe) and check out their profile, click here.