Did you miss a food truck this weekend, relax here are Sunday’s Food Truck Events
If you plan it out right, you can hit all 3 events…
Downtown Raleigh Food Truck Rodeo
The largest event in the state, as well as, one of the premier food truck events in the country. Over 50 trucks from the state will be on Fayetteville Street in Raleigh. This one is later in the day from 4-9pm, which is later than the usual rodeo times. The earlier the better.
Here are things you need to know:
- Map: Plan out your day before you arrive. Once the rodeo is in full swing lines will be long and you may miss out on that one thing you wanted.
- Know Your Trucks: If you don’t recognize the truck, you might want to check out their website, Facebook, or follow them on Twitter.
- Arrive Early! I spoke to a few trucks and they all said, the later rodeo people tend to not show up early (as opposed to the one o’clock starts). So, if you have planned ahead and arrive early, you are well ahead of accomplishing your “goals”.
- Get Dessert first. All the dessert trucks are less busy during the busy hours. Also, I know that Not Just Icing does an extra discount for 4 cupcakes during that first hour.
- Bring extra napkins, wet wipes, anti-bacterial things. If you are a semi-clean, you might want to bring these along. I usually carry these with me.
- Don’t forget your ID. There will be local beer served here and in case they card anyone under 100, you might want to be prepared.
- The best parking decks are on Blount Street, more importantly the one after Martin Street (with entrances on both Wilmington and Blount Street). Remember parking is free downtown.
Lastly, don’t forget to bring a non-perishable item. The Food Bank and Durham Rescue Mission need your help and the rodeo organizers have called for Operation Stuff A Truck.
NC Food Rodeo at Grove Winery
Located: 7360 Brooks Bridge Road, Gibsonville
One of my favorite rodeos is the NC Food Rodeo at Grove Winery. The tasting room is open sampling the local wines and Natty Greene’s beer are available for the local NC Beer fans. For these rodeos, I recommend bringing chairs, because this is one where you will want to relax and enjoy Sunday. Event is from 12-4pm.
Here are pictures of a past visit (trucks pictured are not expected):
Triangle Gooners’ Arsenal Watch Party
Located: 427 W Main St, Durham
The Triangle Gooners, The Triangle’s Arsenal Supporters Club will be at Bull McCabe’s Sunday morning at 10 am. Also in attendance will be Wicked Biscuit. I think I just found an EPL team I need to cheer for. (I did buy my brother their Dreamcast jersey when I was in London).
Trucks and Brew
If the rodeo and outdoors are not your thing, here are the trucks that will be at breweries today.
- Beer Durham:
- Big Boss (Raleigh):
- Bomshell (Holly Springs): Patrick Jane’s Gourmet Pizza
- Brue Print (Apex): Closed on Sundays.
- Deep River (Clayton):
- Draft Line (Fuquay Varina): Buns-N-The-Sun
- Fortnight (Cary): Halal Bros.
- Fullsteam (Durham): Will and Pops
- Gizmo (Raleigh): Closed on Sundays.
- Lone Rider (Raleigh):
- Steel String (Carrboro):
- Sub Noir (Raleigh): Closed on Sundays.
- White Street (Wake Forest):